BNC Textbook Rental Agreement
This rental agreement is a contract between you and Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC (BNC) and applies to your rental of textbooks and/or course related materials from us. This agreement sets forth your rights and obligations and should be read carefully. Please also visit our online rental service on www.yourschoolyourbookstore.com (the Website).
We may modify this agreement from time to time as posted on the Website. It is important that you review the Website regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
For questions regarding this Agreement please contact your campus bookstore.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- All information provided by you in connection with this agreement must be accurate and complete.
- You must have a valid personal credit card on file with us at all times.
- Rented materials remain the full property of BNC. Your acceptance of rented materials and paying rental fees entitles you to use the property of BNC for a limited amount of time. At the end of the rental period, this agreement will terminate and you will lose all rights to the rented materials.
- Rented materials can be purchased during the first two weeks of classes only.
- Rented materials must be returned to the bookstore from which they were originally rented by the rental return date designated by us at the time of rental in salable condition. Salable condition will be determined by us in our sole discretion, but generally means book spine intact, no excessive damage or water damage to cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, and no excessive highlighting, writing or other markings. Normal use highlighting and writing is permitted.
- You are responsible for loss or theft of all rented materials. Rented materials not returned by the rental return date or returned on or before that date not in salable condition will be subject to non-return fees equal to 75% of the new book price (at the time of rental) plus a 7.5% processing fee. Non-return fees will be automatically charged to the credit card on file for this agreement. In the event that the credit card on file for this agreement is no longer valid or if the purchasing limit on such credit card has been exceeded, we will contact you for, and you agree to promptly pay in full, the non-return fees.
- If you have not returned the rented materials by the rental return date and we are unable to charge your credit/debit card, it is your responsibility to pay the non-return fees immediately. You will be notified via email if your credit/debit card was declined and have 15 days to pay the fees before your account and any information, including personally identifiable information, you have provided to us is turned over to a third party collection agency ('agency').
- You agree that BNC and any agency it hires to collect non-return fees may contact you via e-mail and you confirm that you are the only person who opens e-mail at the address you have provided or that if anyone else opens e-mail at the address you have provided, you waive any claims of a violation of your privacy or of potential third party disclosure if persons other than you view your e-mail. Additionally, you agree that BNC and any agency it hires may contact you via U.S. Mail, telephone or cellular telephone should such contact information be provided by you or obtained as provided below regarding your failure to return rented materials or pay applicable non-return fees.
- You authorize BNC to share details of your rental transactions with the College, University, or School at which you are enrolled and you acknowledge that your College, University, or School may provide BNC with contact information, including but not limited to, your e-mail address, student address, home address, home telephone number and cellular telephone number, which may be different than the information you provided to us, for the purpose of contacting you regarding failure to return Rented Materials or open non-return fees.
- Returns shipped UPS, USPS or other carriers must be postmarked and shipped on or before the rental return date.
- Standard tax rates apply and vary by state.
Other conditions may apply. See www.yourschoolyourbookstore.com for details.